Passionate About Life | Photography

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

+ Click | Stormy Night

Midnight and the storm was approaching

Took leave for several days in between the Deepavali and Hari Raya holidays to do the last few clean-ups at home for the Hari Raya celebrations.

It had been raining on and off the past few weeks and was no different tonight, except the louder than usual thunder and were more frequent too.


Past midnight I could not get to sleep. Maybe because I was over-worked from all that spring-cleaning, but the lightnings and roaring thunders definitely distracted me from staying in bed.

It had not rained still but the continuous lightning and thunder seemed to invite me to take pictures of it. Well, I took out my trusted Panasonic FZ10 and started stalking the lightnings from my living room window.

Took many shots, trying to anticipate the lightning as it appeared, but with my no-knowledge of how I should set the camera for this situation, it did not give me the good enough pictures like the ones I had seen before from posters off of a skyline.


Several was also taken from my bedroom window, but it looked more like dawn than what I had hoped to capture.

Need alot of reading up on camera settings and alot of practise to capture lightning photos, but most importantly only when a stormy night like this comes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home