Passionate About Life | Photography

Sunday, November 27, 2005

+ Gadgets | My Investment

Singapore Expo Convention Centre

Went to the last computer expo for the year yesterday.

A four-day event Sitex 2005 will end today from Thu, 24 November 2005 at the Singapore Expo Hall 4 & 5, situated in Upper Changi Road East, a 10 minutes cab ride from our home.

Went out shopping together after lunch and got everything we need for my wife's Chic Couture Christmas Bazaar decorations in one trip. Onward we went to the Expo by train from Bugis Junction MRT.

My wife, too tired to go along, parted at the Tanah Merah MRT Interchange while my son and I went together to fulfil my promise to him.

We promised to get X-box games if he did well in his exams, but will get something special if he was to be top 10 in his class. He did the latter.

Wonderful achievement! But ouch! My pocket begins to hurt.

Already set his mind to a Sony Playstation Portable or PSP which would cost me S$543.00. I told him to check out the all-in-one Camcorder to consider too before making up his mind.

I have been meaning to get my hands on the all-in-one Digital Camera/ Camcorder/ MP3 Player / WebCam/ Voice Recorder/ Portable Harddrive and whatever they can squeeze technology into it gadget.

The camera function is good too, higher pixel resolution at 5M and enhanced up to 11M. This can last almost forever as you would not want to always print a photo larger than A4, let alone A3.

Like having an i-Pod and an i-Pod Video in one, plus more stuff in one palm-sized product.

The Digilife DDV-M1 is so far the best all-in-one gadget for him. He would benefit from using it more than a PSP.

He could use it for all occasions, but most importantly he can use it for school projects.

Making videos, taking pictures on excursions and save large files into it to transfer to and from school and home, like his recent Drug Prevention video project.

Fortunately we have a protable USB harddisk that he was able to save the completed 20Mbytes project in it to be transferred to school. Several Thumb-Drives would be needed and still just too small to contain that large video.

This s far better than PSP with each game costing S$80.00 and you would continuously have to fork out from time to time for new games afterwards, else what is the point of buying it and not playing on it after a while when he completes all level.

Like I predicted, upon viewing and got his hands on it, he changed his mind for this great gadget.

Usual price at S$ 699.00, the price it now at S$399.00 with additional li-ion battery, a portable extended speakers compatible with i-Pods and a mini tripod worth S$100.00 as free gift.

An additional S$96.00 for a fast speed 1GB SD Card for his video and photo storages. Good bargain, I think.

Now, tons of creative things and ideas are open to him to conceive and create. His imagination will be his limit. I am so happy for him.

Far from it forme to get something like this at the age of 10. He is very fortunate. We are very fortunate to be able to afford somethinglike this to our child. Thanks to You Allah for Your blessings.

And Danish, please take care of it. Don't drop it. It costs me a bomb. Ouch! My pocket hurts, but I wish to think of this as an investment.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Hello Ellen,

    I am happy that you came to visit. Yes I will be 40 this June.

    Interesting that you were born in Singapore. What will be more interesting are the baby photos of yours, how the country looked back then.

    I did not have a photo taken until I was in Primary 1. We were too poor to own a camera, so a lot of the sceneries of the village where I grew up are not available except in my memory, which is going foggy by the day unfortunately.

    If you do post some of them, I would be very interested to see how life then.

    You gave me an idea to post photos around Singapore for you and others who may be interested on how we live here.

    Nice to meet you. Hope one day you will land in our shores again to visit.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 4:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home