Passionate About Life | Photography

Friday, June 02, 2006

+ Gadgets | PC Show

PC Show 2006 June 1-4
Time sure flies faster than I can grasp the speed its cruising at.

Trying to catch up most of the time, it seems.

Only aware when it hit me in the face with another quarterly PC show that started yesterday. Simply called PC Show 2006, help at the same place - Suntec Convention Centre.

All spirits high as today is Friday and last day of the work week. The opportunity to get to see and maybe buy some good bargains and bundles "techno toys."

Let's see, my shopping list...
  • 1GB Memory Stick Duo for my S700i Sony Erricson Cell phone.
  • Subscribe to a monthly PC Magazine.
  • A wireless Print Server for my CX4100 Epson Stylus MFP.
  • An extra Battery for my Lumiz FZ10 Panasonic Digital Camera.

Maybe take a look at Nokia N-Series cell phones especially N93 - the one that catches my attention and stopping me from getting a Sony Erricson W900i.

PC Show 2006 Friday Crowd
Promptly after work, 3 of my best friends went to the PC Show. Each a shopping list in mind.

The place was packed with bargain hunters. And sure enough lots of bargains and bundles thrown in with purchases, since it is also the Great Singapore Sale.

I bought a DiVoom PC Sound System for on S$29.00, proudly designed and made in locally. Great for my son since his Sub-woofer is already going bonkers. A definitely good buy, considering the sound quality is good with such a low price.

Nokia N93 Series Camera PhoneThe Nokia booth was one of the star attraction, with its latest irresistible N-Series cell phones... and not forgetting the beautiful girls modelling the phones too.

3 things I look for in an all-in-one cell phone:
  • Easy phone features preferably with Quad Band and WiFi ready to roam around the world seamlessly when I am on business trips or vacations,
  • High Resolution Camera with a good lens for everyday photo taking. I love taking photos so the images should be reasonable enough, conveniently in my pocket. Short video taking s a bonus, though not used often.
  • MP3 Music Player with tons of my favourite songs to entertain me on my journey alone in the bus, MRT and anywhere.
We tried our luck to win a free Nokia phone. One will have to go through and experience the 3 sections of its exhibition arena, the phone is big on - Image Capture, MP3 Player and of course its Communication Features itself.

Sony Erricson W900i Camera PhoneWe got our picture taken using the upcoming N93 phone with the Lady model holding an N91. Great features!... I mean the phone.

Nonetheless, I will have to on-hold my intention to buy a Sony Erricson W900i until Nokia's N93 is launched end July 2006.

By that time, Sony have newer models too that are comparable to N93.

I finally signed-up for PC Magazine Singapore with a 2-year subscription costing $117.00. Included this time in the bundle are Wacom PenPartner, an EMTec 800 DPI Optical Mouse, TravelPAC Combination Lock, 2 pieces of EMTec CD-R and 1 piece DVD-R, and past 5 months past issues starting August 2005 onwards to March 2008.

Went to accessories booths to look for Memory Stick Duo card for my K700i cell phone which currently has only 32MB capacity.

Though the specification limits it at 128MB, I tried 1GB MS Pro Duo anyway to see if it was compatible, but unfortunately not... Memory Error it prompted when I inserted to test.

There was not any 128MB MS Duo to be found anywhere. With such a great phone, it already has become obsolete so fast.

Next booth, Print Server. Another disappointment. It is only suitable for a printer, not MFP as it will render the scanner and fax functions useless, as it cannot communicate with the target PC.

Like technology, blazing faster than we can blink our eyes, so was the time when it was announced that it was closing time. Sigh...

DiVoom PC Sound System Model Morro-321 Onward to the next quarter! How time flies when you are having fun... spending money.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home