Passionate About Life | Photography

Friday, April 21, 2006

+ Pix11 | Friday Flare

Ang Mo Kio Central | Banquet Food Court
Like many, Friday is the best day when my senses are all excited and spirits high. It is end of the working week and weekend will greet me tomorrow.

Like every Friday, I will go for my mass Prayer at Al-Muttaqin Mosque at Ang Mo Kio Central. A delightful surprise awaited me after prayers today.

I stumbled upon a newly opened Banquet Food Court while on my way to buy some hardware stuff for Wify's shop in AMK Central.

Since I had not taken my lunch, I could not resist but bought myself a bowl of my favourite Tom Yam Seafood with Fried Fish Noodle! Never done that before though, after Friday prayers, I usually went straight back to the office. I just cannot not resist Tom Yam everywhere I go.

After work went straight to Wify's shop to surprise her with dinner and stayed there till she closed the shop. A very nice beginning to a weekend.


Ang Mo Kio Central | Neighbourhood Shops


Bugis Village | Street Shopping Ground Floor


Bugis Village | Back Alley Yellow Stairs Pre-War House


Bugis Village | Colourful Stairs of Pre-War Houses


Bugis Village | Traffic Junction

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Nice photos Imran - I loke photo blogs.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:02 am  

  • Hello Both,

    Thanks for taking time to come in and leaving me nice messages.

    Barbara | Like I told Ellen of Coffee Granules, I just had to take photos of everyday but beautiful sights for my collection and for others outside this country to see too.

    As I love to see everyday sights of far away places too. It intrigues me for some reason.

    I had people asking me why do I take pictures of mail boxes, or bus stops in countries that I have toured.

    I have no idea, but these are unique things you get to see and admire that are different from what we are used to.

    This can be one item in my weird list, though. Don't know why, maybe I was a nasty paparazzi in my past life, or something.

    Ellen | Same here. I love to learn the cultures of others in a another, far away country than mine.

    Tom Yam is a Thai dish that I fell in love with and cannot resist to satisfy my taste buds. Fortunately, it is not fattening. Else I will blow up like a blow-fish stopping at every outlet that sells Tom Yam.

    I agree! This houses were built before the 2nd World War. We call these here as pre-war houses. Used to be families living upstairs with shops they tend to below.

    Some are really beautiful, so the government gazetted these houses as national treasures, while encourage developers to save others to be fused with the modern structures.

    Never got to actually use these staircases before though. Interesting indeed.

    Thanks both. Have a good week ahead.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 12:53 pm  

  • Hello Ellen,

    I saw the strange-looking tree in Cyprus while surfing you blog. Interesting.

    I would definitely like to see more sights you took pictures of there, as I like to see ordinary people from far away places doing their daily routine that you don't get to see in your native land.

    Be surfing to you blog often. You can be sure of that. Take care.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 1:04 pm  

  • My motto for life is also passion, same same =DD i like to take photos too..

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home