Passionate About Life | Photography

Saturday, February 18, 2006

+ Pix05 | Orchard Road

Singapore Tourism BoardNow for another update of my Click! Singapore in my Photography blog section, a fresh look at Orchard Road, Singapore's main tourist shopping belt.

You can get practically any original, well-known, branded goods here. The best hotels and the best restaurants, pubs, etc.

Orchard Road Red Indian Music BuskersMy old haunt when I was courting my wife, so very long ago.

We hardly come here anymore since whatever we need, we can get them at the heartland's malls - posh and with varied goods just like in upmarket shops just a few bus stops away from our home.

A common sight for almost every HDB estate, directly infront of most MRT or Mass Rapid Transit train stations.

I was asked to revamped a little my wife's display in her booth in front of Shaw House where she is participating in the Wedding Fair event.

After all was done and a few hours had past, I decided to take a stroll and took photos of the famous buildings along Orchard Road. Not all the building though, because it is a very long stretch of road with major shopping centres on both sides of the road.

I only walked passed a few blocks and came double back as the time was up for my wife to close her booth.

Orchard Road Chinese Contortion BuskersAlong the padestrian walkway, there were many international buskers. From American Red Indians playing their ethnic songs released on CDs to Chinese Contortionsists.

A talented Country singing American guitar-man to clowns on unicycles.

Day shot turned out alright, but night shots were kind of grainy and shaky since I set the film to 400 instead of 200 or auto, and I did not bring with me a tripod.

Anyway, the place and buildings have changed and revamped a lot since courting days there.

Orchard Road & Scotts Junction

Orchard Road Scotts

Orchard Road Wisma Atria

Orchard Road Shaw House

Orchard Road Marriot Hotel

Orchard Road Paragon SC

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • wow! great photos!

    By Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart, at 4:18 am  

  • Hello Andrew,

    Thanks for coming in.

    The night shots a bit dark and grainy. I should have set Exposure to Auto or the most ISO 200, instead of 400.

    Definitely needs a tripod too. Well, I am my worst critic, but I really want to improve from it.

    Have a good week ahead.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 12:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home