Passionate About Life | Photography

Thursday, February 23, 2006

+ Pix06 | Space Station

NASA International Space StationI have seen it many a times, a "star" like no other whenever I am out at night.

I notice that it is always the nearest it seems, the biggest compared to the rest that are flickering in the night sky, the brightest amongst the many faint ones. This one does not flicker.

I believe it is the International Space Station, not a star. When all the stars are not visible on a cloudy night, only this one shines alone. It seemed to get bigger as I noticed it through these few years.

Watch ISS from where you liveI kept pointing it out to friends about it whenever we chanced upon it, but they seem indifferent to the sight and especially its phenomenal feat behind it all.

Maybe they knew this so long that it became another common item in the scheme of life and its surroundings.

Thanks to Blogger I get to post my insignificant observations and mostly trivial entries, but at least those are mine.

I got to see it again through my bedroom window. This time at dawn. I posted one in my Abode Dawn Star blog to remember how I felt seeing it from my bedroom window when I woke up.

A stark sight, shining so brightly at dawn alone. On closer scrutiny with my glasses on, the skies were in fact scattered with fainting stars against a brightening sky as morning was breaking.

The photos below were taken at about 6:30am from a dark sky to a beautiful blue.

International Space Station at Dawn

ISS view from my bedroom window

ISS view with the break of light

ISS view at dawn amongst the stars

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Are you taking these with your digital camera? If so, how do you get such gooood quality?

    By Blogger Pat Paulk, at 7:28 am  

  • Hello Pat,

    Great you stopped by.

    Yes, with my Panasonic Fz10 Digital Camera. All the settings in the Menu were on Auto, only the dial was set to "ASM" instead of "P" and the ISO at 200 or 400 for low-light shots.

    I am no photographer. I could never understand the proper settings to take great postcard-like pictures.

    I therefore depend very much on the good tools to get good-enough results.

    I just place the camera on my window sill and snap. The worst thing that could happen is picture-shake. Even more pronounced if it is zoomed-in.

    For pictures, I depend on my Panasonic Fz10 camera and my Sony Ericsson S700i cellphone camera.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 10:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home